Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My First Blogging Experience

How things have change! Before now, i always wandered what it would be like to put up an article in a Nigerian newspaper?. Would the editor consider my article or letter worthy to be published or would it be amongst the numerous correspondences he/she received daily that would always end up in the trash can?.


I guess like every ordinary citizen, i was just afraid how i might come across (grammatically) around the globe. I cringed that the day my article would be printed, friends and even other readers may not receive it very well. Who knows whether i would be out of town, outside the country or may not be able to afford to buy the correct newspaper before i my article is published. There were just too many questions....



But thanks to new innovation in technology, i need not worry myself sick about it anymore. Blogging is the new way out of the log jam expressed above. Blogging for me is a whole new experience, it has opened up a new horizon for me and my generation to be heard (I cross boundaries) .



Within minutes i can comment about any topic on earth that interest me. My audience now covers a wide spectrum of people (not limited by age, time, sex or demographics) and i can not wait to share my thoughts with them.

Let's be honest, how many people still read newspaper articles in Nigeria? except of course people that are rich (that it is a status symbol for them), okay may be retirees that have "nothing" to do but need to find something to occupy their time.

Why bother reading reading newspapers when all you read is doom and gloom. You end up angry at happenings in Nigeria and Africa as whole. By and large newspaper is left for automobile and telecom advertisers and the long legion of applicants who scan for job vacancies daily and sport enthusiasts that read only the sport column (of which 80% of the story is about football!), who then read newspaper articles in Nigeria except of course Politicians to further their own end.



Blogging am willing to wager was developed for ordinary guy like me (not all of us are as crowd pulling like Dele Momodu or Reuben Abati), Blogging basically puts you and me on the map. If you are reading this article or just happen to stumble on it; Let me say welcome to my blog; i have quite a lot of things to offer you. For one i consider myself to be young, urban, ready to communicate.



My blog would basically share my day to day experience ( Though i would from time to time tie some of my experiences to my christian faith), a diary of my travel experiences (which are not many but would be soon) and a small dose of politics (it is actually difficult for many us to continue to claim we are apolitical) and whatever comes to my mind that i believe is worth sharing.



In my later life, i hope to be a writer and a public speaker, writing blog for me is my first step towards actualising those goals.

Please join me for the adventure, it may be bumpy but it would be an exciting experience all the same.

Please let me know what you think about my blogs, i am currently trying to decide what type of face lift i would give this page to keep you glued. So if you consider it bland right now (I would not take offense), not to worry all that will change by the end of this month.

Till i hear from you stay blessed.

This is wishing you and your loved one, Happy Independence


Suleiman Shaibu (Xman)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read a lot of Nigerian blogs and quite excited to see my own person as in OMP10 owning one. Keep it up bro.

G.Twinkles